Friday, May 14, 2010

HAPPY 5TH LOCVERSARY TO ME!!!


Wow!!! Almost 4 months since I've posted and 5 years being locked!!! And the truth is, I honestly forgot that I was coming up on my 5th year! So much has been going on, both personally and professionally, that my young 'do was the furthest thing from my mind! I wasn't reminded until one of our "darlings" (a 10th grader who i made go into my office and pull his jeans up much like those of Jethro Bodine's 'cause I could CLEARLY see that he was wearing Hanes tighty whities) asked me could he "touch one of my dreads." He asked how long "my hair been like that" and I said with shock and amazement FIVE YEARS TODAY!!! So check out a few compare and contrast pics and be easy my fellow blogmates!



<---- year 1 year 1 ---->










<---- year 5 year 5 ---->

16 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

happy lockversory, and your hair looks beautiful, and are you letting the color grow off?

knotsnlocks said...

Thanks Euphoria! Yeah, I'm growing the color out. I can actually see that the natural color is, naturally, healthier. I still have a few blonde pieces that aren't as healthy, so I've decided to just let it grow on out. Don't get me wrong, color is beautiful, but I'm gonna leave it out. :-)

new2locs said...

Congrat's on your 5 year milestone!!!

Maryee said...

Congrats, Soror!!!!!! As usual, looking good!

Locks and Kee said...

Amazing progress Soror!!

Anonymous said...

Nice, Very Nice! Congratulations :)

Take Care~

knotsnlocks said...

Thanks everyone for the shout outs! They are sooo appreciated, they really are!

Sunshine Sisterlocks said...

Five years?! Congrats! I long for that kind of patience! lo
your locks are gorgeous.

z said...

Congrats!! Your hair is beautiful as always and your comparisons are great!

Naturally Sophia said...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually did that at work, let me be quiet.
Just beautiful! The size and the length is perfect. And the color? OMG!
Happy locksversary.

scruffdiva said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the wonderful continued progress.

Naturally UniQue Sisterlocks said...

Just Beautiful! I can't wait til my five yrs anniversary! Keep blogging!

scruffdiva said...

Hey lady, I was wondering if you are a DIYer or if you still get yours done? Thanks! And thanks for sharing your experiences.

Rockin Robin said...

Wow, your locks are so beautiful! I am so looking forward to my SL journey! I love the way your natural color and the blonde color mix. Do you have a consultant that you love? If so can you pass the info on. Thanks! Peace and Blessings to you!

Rockin Robin said...

Hi this is Robin, Alia's mom. You were her spanish teacher at Tri Cities. She always says you were a favorite. Alia said your hair is so pretty and helo. Take care. Peace and Blessings to you. Congrats on your milestone of 5 years!

fizz said...

Congratulations, absolutely beautiful!

fizz :) follow me